The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Imagine That

REPEAT, for those of you who ain't gone to vote yet:
My friend Ryan Hamilton is a finalist in the Sierra Mist "Next Great Comic" contest, and after listening to the other dudes, he's got a really great chance at winning. Please check out that site and vote for Ryan. I entered that contest, and didn't make it to the finals. I am really freaking happy that Ryan did. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, myself included.

ALSO, imagine this:
You have been hired to write a tell-all under a fictional name. The story you tell will be close to real life, but you get to embellish it here and there. So you mine the core hell of your daily existence, even if it's small, and deliver some work that weakens some people's knees. They read it and say "You dated someone who called you THAT?" or "You had a boss who wanted to do what?"

Now imagine that either of those people steps forward to sue you for slandering them. Not only did they out themselves as the a-pipes in question, you never mentioned their names so they can't really lay claim to anything you've earned. Why can't they just be happy to be famous and leave you out of it?

I've had a wicked-sweet stomach flu for a good 29 hours now. I'm holding on to food longer, so by this weekend I should be able to leave the house for more than 45 minutes with the confidence that I won't need to be within shouting distance of a restroom.

The more you advance at anything in life, the more you will be accosted by people who are trying to cut you down. That is their jealousy, envy, and ugly green hat to wear. Keep walking. Don't miss your appointment getting into a shouting match with somebody who only knows how to shout. You got a life to live. Now go be the best ClownHooker this town's ever seen.

I am outta here.

Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

No comments: