The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Thursday's Blog Is Boxer Brief

Is President Bush Really All THAT Bad?
This is from an AP news report on a speech given by a governmental leader and Islamic fundamentalist in Iran:
"Will this nation allow the feet of an aggressor to touch this land?" Khatami asked at the crowd. "If, God forbid, it happens, Iran will turn into a scorching hell for the aggressors."
His statements drew chants of "Death to America!" from the crowd.
Khatami is widely recognized as a leader of a moderate faction in Iran.


Khatami doesn't mention the U.S. once in his speech, which is a smart political move, as he knows it's going to be recorded and broadcast for the world to see. Well, the world outside of Iran, which is in the middle of a 327 day telethon to raise money for tsunami victims. Pledge now to see your wife get horse-whipped, the whore.

The crowd starts chanting "Death To America!" This is where I get pissed off. The President, whomever at whatever point in history, is the Ideal of Americanism broadcast to the world. It's been over 40 years since we've had a President that could draw a nation together. It traces back to Viet Nam, and even Korea, as we fought "Communism." (btw, you can't fight a theory, right "terrorism fighters?") The crowd hates our leaders, and thinks that we actually control who gets into office. Wow, they are as disillusioned as the rest of us. As of November 4, 1963, the President is not the Nation.

Lastly, this guy's a MODERATE in Iran. The hardliners have been rather mum. A "moderate" leader, this guy is neither a left hand-chopper nor right wife-beating hander, he's more of a wife banisher, maybe even prone to a good smiting. This is over Nuclear Weapons, by the way. When you see someone filling up water balloons, it's best to let them see you grabbing the hose, and filling your water balloons with urine. If you pre-empt their intent with a "Don't fill those" or "Don't throw those at me," you're just going to incite some sort of "shut up." Then again, if your neighbor is a crowd-riling megalomaniac with a penchant for misogyny and rigging Hyundais to go Kablooey, you may wanna cut his water off yesterday.

Damned if ya do...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I am currently so busy at work that I had to come in on a day where I originally told my bosses I would be gone. This is so they will leave me the F alone for a few hours and I can finish the projects they have asked of me.
Literally, they are asking if we can turn an Apple into an Orange, and they've asked for an Assessment of the project. I am so sure that we cannot do this that I want place a wager on it, it would go as follows:
If I lose, and find out that Apples and Oranges ARE interchangeable, then I will donate $200 to the charity of their choice.
If I win, they have to give $200 to the charity of my choice, OR wear a t-shirt emblazoned with the words "I Am Grossly OverPaid," for all of Monday. Seeing as how we just recently received 5 boxes (for a total of 60) ball-point pens for the first time in 4 months, I'm going to get working on the T-shirt.
I'm not concerned with money, it's humiliation that motivates me... at least when it comes to my bosses. And my Friday nights.

"Big And Menacing Sign-Off" YOU WEENIEHOUNDS!
=====================
Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

No comments: