The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Workin' It Out

Last night was my birthday dinner, where World's Best Wife and I went to Rush Street in the downtown of our new hometown.
Red Zinfandel, Pan Roasted salmon, lobster-infused risotto with morels, baked 4-cheese mac (shared), and red velvet cake in a to-go. I'd banked calories the past few days, too, just to stay sharp for Go Time. Lots of veggies and tuna and chicken on the run-up. So I'd have a palate ready for the full experience.

We took our time, chatted about all kind of thing, and enjoyed each bite. It was great.
So how do I come back from that?

With a little bodyweight workout circuit, copped a bit from my Turbulence Training guru, Craig Ballantyne. You can get his newest edition of Turbulence Training by hitting the CLICK HERE! link up on the right there. It's about the only workouts I can adhere to. LOVE this stuff.

So, here's how I cleaned it up today:
  1. Y-Squat (arms up, shoulders back, wide-stance), 15 reps
  2. Push-ups, 25
  3. Lunges, 12 each side
  4. Bent Rows, 40lbs, 20
  5. Squats, holding 20lbs, 20
  6. Incline Push-up, 20
  7. Side-plank, 30sec each side
  8. Split-squat, 12 each side
  9. Spiderman Mountain Climbers, 12 each side
  10. Upright Rows, 40lbs, 20
So I did that twice, with 1min of rest in between circuits. About 10min of work for both rounds. It's as much cardio work as it is muscle breakdown. The past couple of days I had applied the Tabata Protocol (20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest, 8 rounds) to a number of different excerices, and my body had healed up pretty well with good eatin'. But this circuit, pretty much the same Craig threw down, kicked my own ass from the front. If you do these, and focus on the feeling of the muscle doing the work, and let your breathing dictate your pace, forget it, you're toast. You're gonna be pumped, burning a ton of gut cheese, and sweatin' like me at a Compton stoplight.

Have a great week. Do two things that are good for you this week, and maybe get a little extra sleep. You folks back in Seattle... get some Vitamin-D.

Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

No comments: