The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Monday, March 08, 2004

Speaking Of Inappropriate

The Boston Whistler is still doing all he can to make it known that they are in the building at all times. Be it a link-less train of notes whistling through a corridor of lay-off worries and bad coffee or decimating a bathroom, the BW is all about making noise. It's bad enough that we all have to hear it, but I feel worse for the women. They have to deal with this, possibly for an average of 30-cents less an hour. By the end of the week, it would've been better if he'd just stared at their PosTit Notes for a second too long at yet another "Team Builder" activity (read: milkshakes at the Ranch Drive-Inn).

Yet I feel a need to be unctuous. He's got his self an office! He must be real important! I think he should have the same Open Door Policy as every other office dweller 'round these parts. "If the door is open, please shut it."
And I ain't just whistlin' "Dixie." Ever.
He just completed 4 bars of a Mozart piece… Whistling Mozart. Good thing he's working for a cellular communications outfit. He reminds me of a cellular telephone in a library. Noxious tones ring forth at inopportune moments, alerting those around them of the owner's lack of environmental awareness, and never a Slient Button when you need one.

We Got Ribs For Sale All Month Long

Some guy's been cutting up cadavers at the UCLA medical school and selling them to "Corporate Clients." (note to self: no more Tony Roma's this year) I'm betting my company bought extra lips so the Executives could kiss their own asses.
At least now we know how much an arm and a leg really costs.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=2026&u=/latimests/20040308/ts_latimes/mansayshesolduclascadavers&printer=1

Road Tripping

I spent the weekend in the city of the Sate Capital, Olympia, and had one of the finest chill weekends of my life.
White Chicken Chili was on the menu for Friday night. It's as good a dish as I've had in a long time. Prepped with the capable and caring hands of "M," currently being consumed as my lunch. "M" rocks. That's all you need to know for now.
I caught the latest Quentin Tarantino flick, "Kill Bill, Vol. 1" while I was there, and I tells ya… it was very Tarantino. Take that however you like. Good movie, but the soundtrack makes you wanna Tae-Bo everything on your credenza. It's invigorating.
Olympia is also a pretty liberal city, judging from the number of tattoo parlors and unkempt sideburns. I won't ever be a nappy facial-hair guy. It's how I was raised, to look clean and free of chiggers.
And right now I'd rather be on a boat drinking with "M" and my friends than sitting in front of a damn computer.
This, too, is Perspective.

To Know Me Is To Wonder What's Wrong With Me

I am fully realizing myself more and more, and it's pretty dang entertaining. While waiting for "Kill Bill, Nerds In Paradise," to start the other night, 40 minutes late while the 7 VW-van-loads of neuveau hipster-dirt sauntered in, an employee of the theater came forth to apologize for the late start. Smartly dressed in Chucks, a "vintage" rock T, and overalls, he stammered through a paragraph's worth of words to say "Sorry, we know it's late. We'll get this thing moving when the rest of the filthies hit the seats, enjoy the previews."
He went on a good 3 minutes, looking very uncomfortable. He finshed up and began to walk off-stage, with a slight pause before turning for the steps down. In that split second "This is funny, and I care not what these people think," so I began to stand up and applaud. "M" caught me and we started laughing before I went too far, but the idea was good, even if it didn't come to a full applause break.
The feeling of boredom and ridiculous lag time was in the air, I felt the need to break it up a little bit. I also asked out-loud and to nobody in particular "Hey, can we smoke in here?" and, following yet another announcement by the same employee, I mentioned how this was possibly the worst one-man, two-act play ever produced. Oh well, at least we mixed Ginger Ale and vanilla vodka right under their noses/seats.

This is Me for now, but that may change.
Geoffers





No comments: