The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Girl In The Window (you will cry if you read this)

I found this lengthy article at the site of one of my favorite writers, DOOCE (caps all mine), and have only been able to read about 2 pages at a time. Please hit the link at the bottom and read Heather Armstrong's comments, also.

It is about a young girl who was emotionally and physically neglected for the first 7 years of her life. The woman who gave birth to her did little else besides basic sustenance, if that, and this poor child had nothing to signal that she was living, alive, and a human, other than her form and a heartbeat.

I am not, but hope to be, a father. And be you a parent or not, this is a story about illness, humanity, compassion, and hope unlike anything I have ever read. It is heartbreaking and soaring. I have to make some stops on the way home, and look like I'm either about to cry, been crying, or Woody Harrelson-high.

What can the human heart endure, and what can't love conquer?




Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

No comments: