The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Monday, May 09, 2005

Mondayne

Hey, how's it going?
Good, good.

This weekend was all over the place. My girlyfriend and I saw "Sahara" starring Penelope Cruz, Steven Zahn, and Matthew McConaghey's (spelling? like it matters) body. Thrill-a-minute, but a few scenes did test my "Willing Suspension of Disbelief." When I write my first action movie, it's going to be rife with henchmen stopping just short of peering around a corner, as their henchmates call them over to check something out.

Alicia and I killed time by checking out the Barnes & Noble store. Yeah, I'm pretty white sometimes. But anywho, we're checking it out and I realized how little I know about investing. I'm 31, and my nature has always been to save as much as I can, then use it to pay for a vacation or some sort of box-set. I have to change that. It's basically a change in values, wanting to be totally out of debt, operating "in the black" (which I rented on Saturday, WOW), and financially secure MORE than I want some sort of impulse-purchase. I doubt I'll be miserly, but I sure as hell don't need to go buy a new car when fencing a few hot rides will do just fine.

I want to be a millionaire. I know there are many people who say "money isn't everything." No, it's not. It IS, however, a tool with which to build and leverage certain opportunities in life with. I want to travel the world at some point, and last I checked, that's not totally free for non-military personnel, or "Civs" as we're called. I'd like a nice set of tools to use to create business and career opps for myself. If you can't say something nice, suck it dry.

I wrote a bunch of new jokes this weekend, too. Stuff has really come to me easily, from Special Effects in movies to Greeting Cards to my involvement with a religious sect in my younger days. Now I'm in the exhilirating mode of finding elements within them to riff from and write within parameters of. It's the most challenging part of writing for me, because I usually let it flow when I talk through a bit outloud in my living room. To sit and pull it out and stick it on paper can be weird. But I need to get back to what I know is my strongest talent: cold-cocking dickwads who step to me wrong. Also, last night I said Tom Hanks when I meant to say Tom Cruise, because my tongue wants me to stop getting laughs.

As the NBA Playoffs, Round 2: Revenge of The Fans kicks off this week, we get to hear the hyperbole of professional athletes, basketballers this time, talking about competition at this level. My favorite, that I've heard twice already, is "This is gonna be a war." Yes, it is. Just like the Vietnam War but with millionaires who leave the "battlefield" in $150 shoes and sleep in 4-star hotels and get pulled out of the "shit" in their Benzo SLk-350 and don't die, that kind of war. Yeah. Just like a war. Gawd, what an asshole. "Rasheed Wallace drives the lane... BOOOOOM... and trips the Bouncing Betty. What's left of his upper body will go to the line." Iraq War veterans vs. NBA Egos, next on ESPN-Mexico.

I gotta go do some stuff. Have a good Monday.
============-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-===========

Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for Action movie script 101, you just have to have the right bumbling villains. Indiana Jones II (Temple of Doom)didn't work too well when they had him going up against East-Indian villains. They had to toe the line to keep it from coming across as racist. That's why his third movie had him going back to fighting Nazi's. Nobody's going to come to the defense of Nazi's (except the Germans who found Hogan's Heroes offensive. Dumb krauts just can't take a joke [I'm German BTW]). I think some gay icelandic dwarves would make great villains.
Investing is so stacked against the average person, make sure you get reliable advise before getting into it. I suggest investing in the fuel of the future, flop sweat. It's a virtually inexhaustible self-replenishing resource.
I heard an assinine comment by Ice Cube concerning the NBA. Now that he's been given the biggest mainstream break of his career to replace Vin Diesel in the next triple XXX movie (don't know how the hell he pulled that off). He was asked what he thought of the NBA playoffs. All he had to say was how racist the NBA was and that there were no black team owners, and how the "brotha's" were being exploited. Let's see, the average salary in the NBA is $4 mil. a year (not counting ancillary contracts), but that's not the point. There aren't any black owners. Gee, how many asian, hispanic, or native-american owners are there? I don't see any kids on the playgrounds emulating Howard Schultz's drive to the rack. You don't see all the A-list hotties/groupies throwing themselves at the owners. It's the players who get immortalized by the media and press. However I believe that the players should be banned from having rap/hip-hop careers. Yeah the game's a real war zone alright, with Jack Nicholson and Woody Allen on the front lines. That's OK, Dyann Cannon and Spike Lee have got their back.

We
Are
Screwed

GL Rules said...

MY COMMENTORS CAN OUT-COMMENT YOUR COMMENTORS!

Ice Cube, quick on his feet he ain't. Ask him what he thinks of the movie "Barberflop." I think his cognitive processes are hindered without a kick drum and/or explosion. "Man, first chance I get, I can't WAIT to tell the world how racist the NBA is! Now where's my Evian and Sushi service in my front row seats?"

So a guy who's athletic talents bought him a college education, and then got him millions of ball money, not to mention endorsements, is being exploited... AND he can still hold out on a CONTRACT for more money. Next thing you know we'll be letting athletes take steroids and rape women for a nominal fee.

On the rap comment, I was thinking on the way home from der werkplatz how crappy rap is that ANYONE can release an album. I can't understand Shaq when he talks, let alone tries to find something that rhymes with "muvashuvess."

Lott

GL Rules said...

And one more thing that's Funny to me.
The Cleveland Browns' Kellen Winslow II, the kid whose famous dad steered him to the University of Miami, and the kid who dubbed himself "The Chosen One" prior to his NFL career, is still in the hospital after eating it on a test-ride of a crotch-rocket. 21 year old millionaire. Broken leg in game 2 last year. Busted his leg, tendons, ribs, and signing bonus ($3mil) on a crotch-rocket. The ride also violated a contract, which stated "You shall not try to be cool by doing stupid shit, and in exchange, we'll give you MILLIONS OF DOLLARS." Wow, what a penisbrain.