The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

I wanted to wish the Mom's of the world "Happy Mother's Day." You shouldn't have to cram all the attention into one day. For that matter, none of us should. Let's spread out some joy and/or chunky peanut butter of kindness over the toaster waffle of this great nation of ours in the next year.

Happy Mother's Day!
Pam, Stacy, Babs, Sue, Sunny, Amy, Judy, Judy, Judy, Sandie, Sonya (soon), Katie Amer, Karen, Marilyn, Jean, Weece, Michelle, Joanne, Wendy, Nancy, Sandy, Maggie, Chrissy, Kim, Melody, and to your mom, too, unless she's a harpy.


Aaaaaaand, in parting, any attempts by Killroy O'Hooterhan to blog a Mother's Day tome at this hour would be contrived. Michelle's on her way, and it's enough that you've cleaned the extra bedroom and flushed your body of toxins and meat, both of which are euphemisms I use for Tony "Born With A Tail" Moser.



Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sure. It seems that all other holiday's prone to over-indulgence warrant an "emphasis patrol" by local law enforcement communities. Where's "the man" when mothers drunk on a speck of attention roam the streets on Mother's Day? I'm almost afraid to go out after dark in fear of being accosted by mom's checking you for clean underwear and dirt behind your ears. They have their home-made coupons for a massage or household chores and small flower arrangements (not the big one, just the one that would still leave you most of your allowance and still look impressive enough to elicit an "Aww, you guys shouldn't have").

I guess they tend to develop an emotional attachment to anything that passes through their birth canal (the larger the object, the stronger the attachment). So I think I finally understand why Mother's Day has so much meaning for them and the slightest effort is so greatly appreciated. Next time spring for the huge flower arrangement and maybe some alcohol.

GL Rules said...

Aye!
Dia de Madre (Spanish for "Day of Madre") is an ages-old tradition. I think on a day like Mother's Day, all MILF merchandise should be half-off, or at least on-sale... DOUBLE ENTENDRE.

Moms have a hard job,if they do it right. I can't get into right now because I have to unload the dishwasher, but let's just say my mom did the best with what she had, which was a beautiful, intelligent, funny, bright daughter. And me.

Again, my Commentors kick the most ass, and have the coolest indie prog-zydeco band in the city.