The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Friday, January 21, 2005

Fire Eats Phoenix (Rising Blood Moon)

It's Friday night, 8:21 as I start this, and I have no desire to do anything. I think it's either that I have a cold coming on or just can't stand to be in a comedy club tonight. I'm out of it. I'm grumpy but properly hydrated and fed, so my glucose levels should be okay. I'm going to chalk it up to general malaise.

I'll be 31 in 2 weeks, and I always have this dilemma around my birthday of what to do and whom it should be done with. I love just hanging out with my friends, and lucky for me, this year, my birthday's on a FRIDAY. I'll likely just have a quiet night in with a couple of chardonnays and the latest Harry Potter on audio CD.

Perhaps my state of blahness is from overtraining. In the past 21 days I've worked out 18 times, either doing at least 30 minutes of cardio or 20 minutes of weights with 20min of cardio to cap it off. I could be exhausting my body overall... Perhaps. It's a friggin' nightmare, however. I've been watching what I eat, really trying to stay away from the bad stuff like sugar-coated sugar balls made with butter and bacon-sugar fritters. And I've plateaued at a loss of 4lbs. That's nothing, that's like drinking one less bottle of water each day. I have the metabolic rate of a caffeinated Marlon Brando. And getting older probably isn't helping. I have no clue what else to do, except go to a nutritionist to see if they can set me straight. They'll likely tell me I have to start a more vegetarian lifestyle, which I've tried, and it didn't work. It made me very docile and depressed. So Western Medicine just is not all it's cracked up to be.

There was a time in comedy when you saw a comic lose weight and the whispers of a heroin or coke habit wafted like so much second-hand freebase smoke. Drop 10lbs now and everyone mutters "Atkins, huh? That's rough on you." I think I need some carbs of some sort. If anyone's got some blow, lemme know. I'll bring the strobe light.

BTW, Tony Moser is the hackiest black comic around. Wow, stereotypical "White people" this and "Cracker" that. Brilliant.
========
Take Me Home

My Non-Funny Blog.

No comments: