The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

So You've Decided To Quit

Wow. I didn't think you and I would be having this conversation, but I guess it's time.
It appears you've quit. You have given us nothing to go on here. You haven't done anything for yourself and ,therefore, nothing for the rest of us. You made a conscious decision to do nothing. I'm sorry, I thought better of you. And I was wrong.

No, really, it's on me, I shouldn't have given you that much credit. It's my fault to hold you to the standards so high. Dammit, see, I am doubting myself again. You appeared to be able to handle it, and my ability to judge a person's aptitude on this equipment has been clouded by altruism and philanthropic endeavors. I once thought you'd be the best person for the job, and I was wrong.

So now what? I hope you have a back-up plan. For crying out loud, remember when we met, that day you were staring at the 2 in the address of the methadone clinic, pudding in your hand? You didn't even have a cup, just that handful of pudding, and I knew, right there, you had the touch to handle... I'm sorry... I'm just upset by this decision of yours. By not deciding, you've decided, and that's... see? I'm really... I can't do this. Okay, friend. Here's your severance gift card. And here's the last of my SunChips. It's harvest Cheddar. Remember our laugh over that? Cheddar can't be harvested! Yeah... Okay then. Off ya go. You be well. Be well.

Okay call security and get that freak off the grounds in 10 seconds or your family dies.


Take Me Home

My Non-Funny Blog.

No comments: