The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Monday, September 06, 2004

What It Feels Like

Lately I've been doing jokes about things you're probably not supposed to joke about. My father's condition, for one. I simply must find the humor in it, or I'll find a lot of booze in me, and that's simply numbing myself to reality. Humor is my way of handling it. Much healthier, and much more timely, as the Boomer generation gets on in years and neurological disorders become more prevalent. If you get a chance, check that blog out.

I've also been writing jokes about bi-polar disorders, cancer jewelry, and spousal abuse that are, somehow, making connections with crowds. My sentiments expressed in these jokes are truly sarcastic. But it's working. I've hit on something that makes my delivery of these jokes work. OH RIGHT, I know what it was: I DID NOT WRITE THESE JOKES, I PERFORMED THEM. These are my jokes, mind you, my set-ups and punchlines, but I just could not sit down and write them in some mechanical, joke-bot format that stole all the soul from them. I made myself go on stage with the idea in mind, slow down, and let myself be "in the moment." It's been really liberating, freeing, confidence-building. And sexy, wow. I'm a hunk.

This Wednesday I'm partaking in the Suicide Pie Comedy Showcase/Benefit. 8pm, $8, and the majority of the proceeds go to help my friend Meghan Hounshell's trek to the San Fran Comedy Competition. If you're going to see one comedy show this week, let it be this one! The money goes to a good person, if not a good cause, and you'll get to hear my jokes about cancer bracelets, cat kicking, and lover-punching.

I'm short-stacked coming into the big blinds, and I just drew Q-J on suit. Flopped a 10, K, 8. 9 or an A, baby.
All motherf*cking in.
-------------------
Take Me Home

My Non-Funny Blog.

No comments: