The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

And A Stick To Bite Down On

Yesterday I endured 45 minutes of periodontal assault and battery. Damn the teeth grinding I have had my whole life! I wore down a molar to the point that it needs a crown, but a crown needs a bed to lay in, being the gums. The lingual (tongue) side of the tooth was eroded from the skritching of teef, so the gumline had to be moved down (read: peeled away, jawbone ground-down a bit, gum sutured into place) for the crown. See how smart it is to have healthy gums that don't recede? I took care of my gums, and all I got was this lousy swollen cheek, spitting blood, and 10 Vicodin. No, I won't share. Get your own nightguard.

Just Be Yourself... or try to be someone like you...
You want comedy? Go get it yourself. I'm out of the light for a bit. I realized last week at Pegasus Pizza that there are some people who will NEVER understand what comedy is about. You have to be a funny person before you get on stage to make it work right. But I tried, see, I wasn't BEING. I was TRYING, and that came across in all I did and said. I don't feel very funny right now, not after all I've been through, and even with close to 1,000 people seeing shows over 3 weeks and laughing a LOT at my performances, I don't feel like I'm funny. I simply AM. If that makes people laugh, fine, I'm a comedian. If they don't laugh, fine, I'm a Republican.
That was tee-ball, people! That was peasy.

This is Funny

"M" is out on the road for her job and she's stuck out the Olympic Peninsula, barrelling from town to town on Highway 101. Entertainment in that region of the state is as hard to find as an 18 year-old virgin in that region of the state. While driving back to her home-base on the road she was looking for some musical entertainment via le radio. On the road back from Forks to Port Angeles, what should she find? Perfect... AC/DC's "Highway To Hell." If only those citizens knew God was laughing at them. And if they knew, they'd say they'd be... "THUNDERSTRUCK!"
Two AC/DC refs in one snippet? Who else is giving you this sweet, sweet action? Nobody, party of zero, your table is NOT ready.
And yes, "M" likes that I offer "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap." I don't know what they are, but it seems to be working okay thus far.

How May I Direct Your Calling?

Everyone has something in their life they are called to do. Whether it be feeding the hungry children of the world, being the most celebrated American Idol cast-off, or finding a cure for Carson Daly, we each have a talent that is our passion, our calling. What's yours? Do you know? What would choose to do if you could make $50,000 a year, tops, but you got to choose the job? Therein lies your passion.
So when someone comes along and mocks it, you would tend to get upset, right? Even if your child isn't that beautiful, yet just wired your whole house to run off a mouse-wheel, even if the mouse ain't on it, you still love that kid. If someone said, "nice wheel, but your kid's ugly," you are within your means to lose your mind on them.
Find what you love. Do what you love, even if you aren't getting paid for it yet, and don't stand idly by while someone steps on it. It's yours. Own it.

I'm out. Time for a Vicodin/DayQuil smoothie.

Geoffers

No comments: