The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Friday, March 12, 2010

How To Not Do Good At Stuff

I found a position I would fit well in, with a company for which I would like to work.
I've applied there before via the web, per usual sources of application these days.

When I tried just now to apply, I entered the wrong password, and it said "USERNAME NOT REGISTERED, PLEASE REGISTER" as an error message.

But there's no place for a username, just an email address AS the user name.
STRIKE 1 - Username vs. Email Address

So I tried to find the password in my archives. No dice.
I tried to register said username, and got the error message...
"Account cannot be created. Username already exists!"

Wait, what? It DOES? You just...
STRIKE 2 - Internal Database vs. Error Message Accuracy

So I go to get the password reset for an account that apparently IS in the system, and got THIS error message...
"The Username you provided is not registered ! Please register." Yes, it's not. Because it is. Not.
STRIKE 3 - I am outta here.

If anybody knows the owner of the Clearwire.apply2jobs.com pages and database, please tell their boss that "Attention to detail" was probably fudged-about in their interview.

==================
Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

No comments: