The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Sunday, October 04, 2009

The Best Thing I Ever Ate

There's a show on the Food Network, a.k.a. Fat-E! (I love the Food Network), called "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."

The best meal I ever ate was at Café Juanita in Kirkland, WA. The head chef, Holly Smith, is going to be on Food Net's "The Next Iron Chef." Well-deserved.

A few years ago we went there for Alicia's birthday dinner. It was a 5-minute walk from home, so the wine wasn't going to be a factor. Sweet.

When I go out to eat, I try to order something I cannot come close to making at home. Usually I order the healthiest thing on the menu, but if we're going white-tablecloth and I've gone so far as to wear a shirt with buttons on it... well... let's order-up.

So I ordered the Milk-Braised Wild Boar. Not something I was planning on ever working over in the crock-pot, so let's see what's-what with a Crazy Pig.
AMAZED by it.
Tender. Perfectly seasoned. It's the only thing I ever ate where I thought... "This needs absolutely nothing. It is perfect." It was a hand-sized piece of tenderloin luxuriating in a shallow pool of savory cream. It fell apart with a look. Unbelievable.

The other best thing I ever ate were my wife's Pecan Chocolate cookies she made last year while I was off in Las Vegas doing comedy for 10 days. She froze some for me in case I wasn't able to gain a full 10 pounds over the holidays, being on the road. Thems were THA BIZ.

So there you go. Thought I'd share that with you.
The worst thing I ever ate was crow, and some humble pie. Never did like the taste of it.

Then again, for a free-range animal, crow tastes like garbage.

Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

No comments: