The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Great Fear

Besides the humanity walking around the Taste of Tacoma this afternoon... which would have made even Mother Teresa mutter "REALLY? That tank top was what you said YES to?"... I have a very great fear.

It is this...

That I would come to a point in my life where my hubris and ego had so terribly clouded my vision that I felt nobody was more important, intelligent, or savvy as I. That nobody had anything to teach me. That I had become, in effect, the center of my universe.

I have so much compassion... or "only so much" compassion?... for my fellow man. I recently realized that I may have begun to believe my own stink was rosey. And it ain't, folks. Every new frustration is a moment for growth, a moment to take a lesson into my life and see if it applies.

'tis not always eas-eye. Some people, without ever knowing it, test my patience to the Nth degree. And I'm not sure if it's my place to let that out, or just say "oh well" and shrug it off. What if nobody were to ever say to that person "The amount of nervous laughter you produce? When something is beyond your grasp and yet you laugh to make yourself sound jolly? While you're really nice and all that, I think you're too damn loud. Shut the hole. Please. Thank you. Okay, looks like Chuck E Cheese is closing now, so I'm out. Thanks kid."?

So I must remember that I am growing, still, in the ways that matter most; as a Person who cares enough to not apply for a handgun permit.

Just Yet.

Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

No comments: