The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

To Serve And Annoy

Starbucks has a new contest going on.

Seems they missed their Q4 profits by the width-equivalent of their coffee cake's calories.

Yeah, new game here for ya...

SELL THE MOST COFFEE BEANS, AND WIN AN iPOD!!!

"It allows partners to creatively share their passion for the coffee with our customers," Valerie O'Neil, a Starbucks spokeswoman, said Monday. "And, it's fun."

O'Neil said contests are common to motivate employees in many retail chains, and Starbucks frequently has them. However, she did not know if the company had ever offered a high-end prize that retails for more than $250 each

No way, really? HOW FUN.
I like that the word "passion" can refer to both a barista's drive to annoy/up-sell a customer, AND the intent of Christ on the cross.

I guess I have to find some other place to gouge me for coffee now.

Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

No comments: