The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Monday, January 29, 2007

The Death Of Barbaro

Today marked the end of the life of Barbaro, a horse that was slated to win the Triple Crown (Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and Breeder's Cup) last year. In what I believe was the Breeder's Cup, the horse took a nasty step and fractured, badly, a hind foot.

Yet the horse lived on, worked through rehab and a number of surgeries, seemingly indomitable. Thousands of cards and well-wishes poured in. Barbaro was set to stud later this year. Yet the extent of his injuries and continued worsening of his condition led to his owners deciding to euthanize him today. Sad for any animal lover.

Why is it that, when I read stories like this, I purse my lips in a frown and think "That's sad," while, if I see a video of a kid on a skateboard try and railslide a set of steps and end up in heap at the bottom of it, I can't help but laugh my hindquarters numb?

Just something that occurred to me.

Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

No comments: