The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Searing Gas Pain.

8 miles. 40 minutes.

That's the distance from my home to my work, and the time it took me to cover that in a car this morning. I left the house at 8:13. I swung into a parking spot at 8:53.

My clock clicked off 20 minutes in just the first 2.4 miles. I could have jogged it faster. I went through I was only at one stop-light prior the majority of the wait. I traveled 1.3 miles, then hit the slog. .5miles later I was at the back of a 1.1mile-long line to a stoplight near the on-ramp of Southbound I-405. 90% of the traffic at that light gets onto I-405. The rest of us who travel through, and don't work in Bellevue or, (gross) Factoria get to sit and wait, when we're not sitting.

Every now and then a few lead-footed commuters would fly by in the left-hand turn lane, using it for travel. This is dangerous because some folks use it for travel to the left-turn light, some are on-coming to turn left across the exodus line and into a business, and some use it to get past the exodus so they can drop their kids off a daycare.

So here's the dilemma. There's no carpool lane, so making friends isn't going to help at this point. The trip to the main release point of the exodus is as long as the rest of the trip, yet only 25% of the total travel distance. All roads out of the Juanita Beach area are clogged like this on a daily basis from 7:30 to 9:30... yeah, I'm sometimes late to work, even when I'm not hungover.

With gas prices what they are, my question is this:

Who is responsible for the career of Nickelback, and why aren't they being attacked with a sleeping bag-full of terribly upset pit vipers as we speak?

America is all about Having Options, and Waiting in Lines for Them. Then again, in other countries, I could have been stacked in with 90 other people on a flat-bed rail car hoping to get work 80miles away. Carpool lanes, only in America.

Please, Dolphin Army, attack! ATTACK NOW WHILE WE SLUMBER AT WORK! Because I needs me a day off.


=============
Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

3 comments:

kristin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Maybe if people would pull their tanker-sized SUV into a parking space and walk into the McStarbucks instead of waiting in a drive-thru line that's +10 cars deep for 20-some minutes they could probably save a jillion gallons of gas per year. That's just a rough estimate though.
How long until we have on-road refueling? You won't even have to pull over and turn the motor off. Just make a cellphone call and get the gas tanker in front of you to snake the hose over. Send junior out on the roof to feed it into the gas filler. You can then swipe your credit card as you pass him by. Hey, even in NASCAR they pull over.
I must admit that cars are still the best way to impress people you don't know and get laid by women of low self esteem. What will fat balding men do once cars are obsolete? The species will surely die.

Your Dolphin army can suck the nut of my squirrel strike force!

Anonymous said...

I like the previous perspective a lot. I drive a small car and can barely see around the fuckers on the road, let alone when they do park their tanks. Ol' GW passed that bill making 'em tax-break-friendly a couple years ago. Somebody should kick him in his crude bladder.
This Friday is Bike To Work Day all over the Puget Sound. Hoo-ray for spandex!

What's the Dolphin Army? Aren't they in the water?