The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Beginning Of The Empire

The past weekend was a culmination of not only a few weeks of planning, but a few years of my life.
My girlfriend Alicia and I headed to Northern California's Wine Country, heretofore referred-to as "Napa" because it's shorter. The trip was Alicia's birthday gift from an adoring boyfriend, and I'm really happy he sprung for it. Napa is known for it's wineries, Mona Lisa-beautiful scenery, and white people. Any time we were not admiring scenery, it was for a very good reason: The winery did not have outdoor tastings.

While the wine, scenery, and grapey buzz of the weekend were all very nice, this blog isn't a travelblog (to follow). It's for a much more important reason. See, I did something to Alicia that I have never done to a woman before.

And I wouldn't suggest any man do what I did if that man is still "just kind of dating around," or is "not over that rogue 3rd-grade boner," or sees Casual Friday as "the other day of the week to wear sweatpants to work."

I asked Alicia to Marry Me.
AND SHE SAID YES!!!


I am engaged!
She is My FianceƩ!

I am excited, happy, blessed, and fearless.
She is beautiful, wonderful, perfect for me, and amazing.

For now, this is all I can share.
Stay tuned for "How It Happened!"
=============================
Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

7 comments:

Dead Poet said...

congrats

Unknown said...

You know who else is getting married...that's right the dolphin army so don't get too cocky.

Anonymous said...

Sure you can write "How it happened", as long as it doesn't read like another sappy Zales commercial. There had better be some zany airport story, dipshit passenger, and/or timely farting.

I hope this won't water-down the old boy. It's alarming now how I can see you as the next Louie Anderson.

Congratulations on finding such a wonderful lady. It funny how true love makes us feel unworthy.

Anonymous said...

Geoffers! Congratulations! Might I suggest the Elvis Special at vivalasvegasweddings.com? Patti and I had a blast, though next time we're heading down the day before the ceremony.

Anonymous said...

Geoff - I bookmarked you and thought I'd stop by to see what you had to say - good day to stop in...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What wonderful news. I wish you the very best.

Unknown said...

yes, this is all fine and good, but what does it have to do with ME?

jnwilliams76 said...

Hey Man!!! Congratulations! That is fantasmico news!