The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's Like, You Know, Uh...

One major event prior to the Super Bowl is "Media Day," where 20 players from each team sit and take question after question from reporters. These reporters are sent to the event from around the world. I asked myself this...

How must it feel to a guy holding a recorder, pen, and notepad, not to mention his degree in Journalism or English, to have to spend a week trying to interview grown men who are fumbling their way through their native tongue?

Last season, in a 30-second span of one interview with Terrell Owens, I counted 8 "you know"s, and 23 "Uh"s.

Football - 31
Education - 0


Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Equally or even more moronic is anyone who would remotely give a steaming turd to what these "athletes" (More like 'future felons') would have to say. But I bet they all got a degree in communications at whatever prestigious college they attended (i.e. warmed a chair).

In the same respect I wouldn't want to see an athletic competion pitting intellectual and great minds against each other. But I bet Stephen Hawking can throw a way wicked chop-block.