The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Geoff Lott... Dead To Comedy?

Rumors of my demise have been greatly and masturbatorily exaggerated.

Last night I started my week of the Giggles Laugh-Off. This competition, like any comedy competition, is as weirdly judged with skewed voting practices as picking "the most F'ed-up Jackson." I was pitted against 15 year-old Ryan Cuddihy, who, when I started comedy, had no idea that some day he would meet, and later beat, me in a comedy showdown.

I will spare the details because comedy competitions aren't about details, and it wouldn't sound gracious, anyway.
I won't be making any wine from sour grapes, either.

What I will say is this:
Ryan had a very good set last night.
I had a very good set last night.
In the end, he had more votes than I did.
The tabloids would have you believe it matters, but like I said last night, votes don't count, not in comedy, not in politics. Not when we're all pawns in the power struggle between the ghost of Jimi Hendrix and the slowly gathering dolphin army.


Take Me Home

My Blog About My Dad

8 comments:

bigdirtyian said...

It's gonna be okay, sweetie. I got my ass handed to me last Wednesday by a 5"4 penis with a hat and a incredibly weak 'Scotish' accent. Also, what ever happend to the "I'll never do another competition again" statement made last November? Toodles..bitch. Still got those braclets.

Unknown said...

The slowly gathering dolphin army indeed.

Why am I soooooo loud. I woke up embarassed for the 1287th day in a row that I yell and interrupt everyone. Oh I know that answer I forgot.

Anonymous said...

What happened to the Squirrel Army?

Anonymous said...

15?! Lemmee guess, He mimics Owen Wilson and thinks Dane Cook is brilliant. What know he of comedy? He's still trying to muster some pubes. But I bet he has a rad BMX. I hope you flipped him off with both barrels when you drove off as he was waitin' for his ride outside the club. Damn, that was pretty late for a school night.


Oh well, I guess it's not whether you win or lose, but who you can stick with the bar tab.

GL Rules said...

Ryan's got a certain charm that can only come from youth. That wore off me long ago. I don't begrudge anything in this instance, because I'm not going out like a punk.

Lots more comedy to do. I will continue to create my dream and my passion of making people laugh at the unexpected, the eye-opening, the joke about big poopies/boobies/ding-dongs/wonkies.

Dolphins are where it's at. Those beachings are just failed Dolphin D-Days.

Anonymous said...

It may have been a weak accent but at least I wasn't ripping off the work of a dead comic. Also my penis is 5"3 but thanks for the props.

Anonymous said...

speaking as someone who is scottish and has been to scotland, duane's accent is spot on.

Anonymous said...

I seen both your guys's acts and I think one's real, and the other's fake.