The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Monday, December 27, 2004

An Open Letter To Dickwads, Cock-Knockers, And F*ckTards

At some point in the past week I've had a number of people make comments about my comedy, life, or personality. These people have zero knowledge of me what-so-ever, and don't really get what I'm doing with comedy. And since it's not their place to make a judgment on things that affect them not, I am having fun walking my dog "Righteous" on a leash made of "Truth."

Last night's set at Gigglets was up & down, with basic laughs coming from stuff I knew would work, and chuckles on the new stuff. That's what Open Mic'ing is about, working the new stuff, a skill, a bit, a joke, a chunk. It's not, in my mind, about the whoring of old jokes so that my ego isn't rankled. And yet two complete diaper-wipes had something to say after my set.

One guy made mention of my set not being "killer" and that I "tanked on purpose." I told him that I'm not whoring old material (he's suspect for writing his own) just to kill for 6 minutes at an open mic. The other guy, who is the new SpongeBen DirtPants, purports his act like a Yiddish Dat Phan, and said that I was passive aggressive. I told him he could f*ck off. Those two got into a verbal altercation shortly there-after, mostly because of miscommunication between overblown egos and false senses of hilarity.

So anyway, if you have something to say about me, my life, or my comedy, make sure you do it to my face, and be prepared to defend your case. If you just don't like me, believe me, I began disliking you a long time ago, so we're square. But when a couple of people I have very little if any respect for decide they're going to make judgment calls based on their own skewed "head in the ass" views of the comedy world we co-exist in - let alone a judgment by a complete stranger - I begin to wonder how sad and pathetic their lives really are. From what I can tell of the shabby clothing, lack of jokes, and Small Man's Complex, the answer is Quite. I guess I must be getting a lot better at this, if people are taking shots at me for reasons that don't affect them.

Look out, World. Duke Discerning is on the case.

=============

Take Me Home

My Non-Funny Blog.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Man. I wish I would have come earlier last night.

PS, I would rethink that shirt.

GL Rules said...

This PotatoHead says you can kiss my mash, and if you're talking about the shirt in my headshot, you may want to rethink YOUR shirt. Yeah, SNAP.

No offense intended, just stayin' loose. Much love for both y'all.
GBL

Unknown said...

I'd say you tanked your snap on my snap on purpose. Jesus HOTTENTOTTEN, pick it up, will ya?

GL Rules said...

Now would be a good time to mind your own blogness. Yeah, write somethin'.
Booyah.

Lottenfreude

GL Rules said...

Seeing as how you can't comment on a blog TO MY FACEhole, you both lose. Losers. Loseybergs.