The Geoff Lott Rules Live Tour Of Comedy & Talking

=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Spare Me The Details

Last night was the final show of the last week of the 7th Annual Wiggles Comedy Laugh-Off Preliminaries, Round 2: Comedian Boo-Ga-Loo. I'm on to the SemiFinals, which means I'm one of the 10 most-likeable comedians in the competition. The key to this, for me, is to go have fun and forget about whatever anyone else does. I cannot control another comic's performance, not with any tact and morality, anyway, so I have to be having SOME fun if I'm going to do this. Otherwise I'm just shilling for the club, and not until I get some more $$$ out of this will I do that. $ = $3,000 USD. Winner gets a couple Bennies and their name on the menu as the Nacho platter. My secret ingredient? Pure Hatred for Low-Brow Talk Radio!

So where does the title of this blog come in? From the gutters-full of pap that I've dealt with the past 3 nights from a number of other performers. There's one in particular who, the better they performed, the more annoyingly boisterous they became. I understand that confidence carries a long way, but this was utter cockiness. If I am interrupted by that person again, ever, so they can try out a line or work a bit they will step away from me with a singed ear and a dumbfounded look 'ponst their horrendous mug. If you butt-in with nothing to say you best be prepared to answer a few questions of mine, including "Quick, tell me why you think you can interrupt me!" No, I don't have to be nice.

Anybody who annoys you should be told so, because they are forcing their way into moments of your life that could be filled with something memorable, funny, touching, or at the very least, not a total waste of time. Instead you get to hear a made-up story or recitation of a joke from a long-dead, unfunny comedian that does nothing other than make you reach for a billy-club that you never had, but could really use. Have something to say, or say nothing at all.

I'm not mentioning names here for one reason only: I paid for this website, and there's no way I'm going to allow their names get through the gaps on my dime. Except for these Comedy Gangstas, what-what?
Blaze Rider, The Safe Cracker, Doogles, and Shoogs B. I love this band of 4, as comics, as people, as smut poets, and friends. Ya step to them, ya step to me. Coo'? Ah'ight den.

I'm off to Vegas tomorrow morning. Send liver.

You're Worth Everything You Think You Are, If Not More. Yes, muffin head... Yes you are.

Geoff Lott... who rules.

No comments: